INSTITUTE OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT STUDIES
JUSTIFICATION FOR THE INSTITUTE OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT STUDIES
The Centre was established in 2007 based on the directives of the Federal Government that entrepreneurship skills should be mainstreamed into the curricula and programmes of institutions of higher learning with a view to help tackle the scourge of youth unemployment. The entrepreneurship education envisaged was to be mostly practical and applicable across various disciplines, rather than the theoretical approach traditionally used in the Management discipline. Therefore, the main objective of the Centre is to inculcate the spirit of entrepreneurship into the Students, Staff and University Community through its projects, training and activities and therefore, helping to launch Nigeria into a path of sustained and rapid socio-economic development, through job creation, poverty reduction and self – reliance.
To be the foremost Institute in Entrepreneurship in Africa.
Generating empowered citizenry through entrepreneurship.
WHAT WE DO:
• Entrepreneurship/Business Development
• Entrepreneurship Education
• Financial Education
• Business Support Services
• Opportunity Hub
WHY PEOPLE PREFER US:
• Excellent mindset and services.
• Research-based instructions.
• State-of-the-art facilities.
• Learners’ friendly environment.
• The technically skilful workforce that motivates and inspire, instead of telling, or explaining or just merely demonstrating.
The specific objectives of the Centre are:
- To train and motivate the staff and students to imbibe the entrepreneurial spirit for national development;
- To train the University Community in entrepreneurship so that they are adequately empowered and motivated to contribute to the task of nation-building;
- To provide excellent support and entrepreneurship services to owners of SMEs that will make them globally competitive;
- To showcase through exhibitions and fairs creative and innovative products made from Nigerian national resources and local raw materials;
- To build a network of partnerships and collaborations with relevant MDAs, corporate bodies and development partners through the Centre’s activities and research;
- Finally, to generate revenue for, and promote the image of the University.
UNIABUJA FASHION SCHOOL
The fashion and design school was established through the collaboration for the purpose of training high-level fashion entrepreneurs, in order to exploit and unleash the huge potentials in the Nigerian fashion industry. Our workshop is equipped with specialized industrial sewing machines for training purposes and for large scale industrial production of clothes.
The Centre has a bi-annual Journal with the title –International Journal of Entrepreneurship Studies (IJES).
The Centre is open for collaboration with Banks, Embassies, International and local organizations, other tertiary institutions and MDAs in the following areas:
- Research Funding
- Capacity building and skills acquisition technology and innovation transfers
- Training and development and serving as resource persons
- Techno-Expo involvement
- Collaborative Certified Courses
- Supply of books on entrepreneurship
- Equipment supply and provision
- Training of clients in entrepreneurship.
Director of the Centre:
Prof. Sarah Olanrewaju Anyanwu Nee Akanbi
Please contact her through her details:
GSMNos: 08036130284, 08053373164.