The Faculty of Science is one of the oldest in the University having been established in 1990, welcomes all its students from in and around the world. It is a friendly, conducive environment where Scientists, relevant to the needs and yearnings of the country and the world are discovered, polished and produced.
I therefore welcome you to the Faculty where you have all it takes to develop your potentials to the maximum and be the pride of the nation.
BRIEF HISTORY OF THE FACULTY
The faculty of Science is one of the foundation faculties in the University in the 1990/1991 session. At inception the Faculty had thirteen academic staff and six technologists. The foundation Dean of the Faculty was Prof. A.A. Olatunde. With just four programmes in the 1990/91 session, at the Bachelors degree the Faculty now has well eight programmes at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
There are about fifty-one (51) academic staff in the Faculty out of which eight are Professors. There are nine (9) senior technologists in the various laboratories in the Faculty.
Faculty of Science’s Vision is to provide high quality Educational experiences in Science and its applications through high quality teaching, mentoring, research and general application of scientific knowledge in different fields of life.
The Mission of the Faculty is to provide an environment where students can learn and become competent users of science and scientific applications. Also the Faculty will contribute to the development of students as scientific thinkers, enabling them to become productive individuals and problem solvers in the society.
Among the Mission of the Faculty is to develop a highly competent and excellent science Faculty and Impart cutting – edge knowledge and skills to the students.
The objectives of the Faculty are:
- Excellence in teaching in order to produce graduates who possess the skills that are needed whenever decision making or creative thinking takes place.
- Produce graduates that are sufficiently knowledgeable and skillful to meet the needs of the Nigerian Economy.
- Empowering students and graduate with the vision and confidence required to become innovative ICT leaders and techpreneurs.
- Sustaining high respect for our research and postgraduate education.
- Playing an influential role in industry, Science and Technology community.
LIST OF DEPARTMENTS