The Central Library with a seating capacity of about 7,200 users was opened in August 2014 at the permanent site (Main Campus)of the Airport Road. It serves all the staff and students of the faculties of Art, Science, Management and Agriculture that are located there. The old library, called the Mini Campus Library, was established along with the parent organization in 1988. The library serves staff and students of the faculties of Education and Social Sciences. A functional and service-oriented library should be the largest single resource of a university. Its pride of place should be reflected both in its architecture and collection of books and journals. The Library, has the following divisions:
Dr. Echezona Roseline Ifeoma
- Readers Services
- Technical Services
- Collection Development
- Special Collection
- Digital Library
The Law Library
Faculty of Engineering Library
Faculty of Health Sciences
Size of Library Collection: 94,323 Volumes
Volume of books: 78,438
Volume of periodical: 6367
These and Dissertations: 753
|S/N||NAME OF STAFF||RANK/
|1||Dr. Echezona Roseline Ifeoma||University email@example.com|
|2||Dr. A. A. Bello||Head, Mini Campus|
|3||Dr J. O. Adelusi||Head, Reader Services Division|
|4||Dr. (Mrs) A. J. Egbunu||Technical Service Division|
|5||Dr. (Mrs) Rose L. Mommoh||Head, Collection Development|
|6||Dr. (Mrs.) Funom Blessing||Head, Reference / Reserve Unit|
|7||Dr. Florence Agbese||Head, Special Collections|
|8||Barr. Isa S. Afegbua||Head Law Library|
|9||Dr. Helen Emmanuel||Head Digital Library|
|10||Dr. Isa Sidi Attahir||Head Digitization Unit|
|11||Mrs Hadiza Gomina||Head, Serial Unit|
|12||Mr Jeremiah Apim||Head Bindery Unit|
The library has constant network with good number of systems for staff and student use.
FEE BASED DATABASES SUBSCRIBED TO BY UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA LIBRARY
Ebscohost http;// search.ebscohost.com
Law Pavilion Databases : Server (20) License
Lexis Nexis Use this link www.nexisuni.com.
Academic Resources from elibrary USA
- Academic OneFile with over 50 million academic articles from over 13,000 full-text journals with no restrictions, researchers are able to find accurate information quickly.
- ProQuest Dissertations and Theses is an online database that indexes, abstracts, and provides full-text access to dissertations and theses. The database includes over 2.4 million records and covers 1637 to the present. It is produced by ProQuest and was formerly known as ProQuest Digital Dissertations.
- JSTOR is a digital library founded in 1995. Originally containing digitized back issues of academic journals, it now also includes books and other primary sources, and current issues of journals. It provides full-text searches of almost 2,000 journals.
- Research In Context: Groups articles by research topic from over 1,200 journals, newspapers and magazines.Opposing Viewpoints in Context
Information Literacy and Online Safety
- Digital Literacy: Learn about internet-related topics such as social networking, cyberbullying, privacy, research skills and tools, and gaming.
- Discussion and Debate: Look at controversial issues from all sides with articles from over 1,700 newspapers and magazines.
- Streaming Video Resources: Kanopystream 125 different documentary videos exploring all aspects of American society and culture.
- General History In Video: Alexander Street Press collection of over 600 videos and documentaries that capture the American experience.
All interested faculty members and student can have access to variety of information resources by visiting their respective faculty Libraries or the University main library.