GUIDELINES ON THE CONDUCT OF THE 2017 ELECTION OF NATIONAL OFFICERS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
The Electoral Committee of the University of Abuja Alumni Association, hereby announces guidelines for the 2017 University of Abuja Alumni Association election as follows:
- NATIONAL OFFICES
1. National President
2. National Vice President
3. National Secretary General
4. Assistant National Secretary General
5. National Treasurer
6. National Financial Secretary
7. National Publicity Secretary
8. National Legal Adviser
9. National Provost
10. National Mobilization/Welfare Officer
There are general eligibility criteria for all Members indicating interest to hold offices in the Association and Office -specific conditions.
A. GENERAL ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS
To be eligible to hold any office in the University of Abuja Alumni Association, an aspirant must:
- Be a holder of a first degree obtained from the University of Abuja, Nigeria;
- Have a legitimate and identifiable means of livelihood;
- Have no criminal record of conviction;
- Not be bankrupt;
- Be resident in Nigeria;
- Not hold any office in any other Alumni Association; and
- Purchase the Nomination Form.
- OFFICE SPECIFIC CRITERIA
1. OFFICE OF THE NATIONAL PRESIDENT
An Aspirant to this Office must:
- Be a graduate of not less than TEN YEARS; and
- Be nominated by not less than 25 Alumni Members spread across five Academic Sets.
2. NATIONAL VICE PRESIDENT and SECRETARY GENERAL
Aspirants to these offices must:
- Be Graduates of not less than SEVEN YEARS; and
- Be nominated by not less than 15 Alumni Members spread across five Academic Sets.
4. Other Offices
- Be graduates of not less than FIVE YEARS; and
- Be nominated by not less than 10 Alumni Members spread across four Academic Sets.
- NOMINATION FEE:
The approved Nomination Fees for the distinct National Offices are as follows:
PRESIDENT N150, 000 (only)
VICE PRESIDENT. N100, 000 (only)
SECRETARY GENERAL. N80, 000 (only)
OTHER OFFICES N60, 000 (only)
Note: Payment for nomination form is to be made to the University of Abuja via the REMITA platform.
There shall be accreditation for all Alumni Members and Contestants alike to ensure that only authentic members of the Association are allowed to participate in the electoral process.
Accordingly, Members shall only be accredited on the presentation of the following documents:
- The University of Abuja Graduation Certificate or Statement of Result;
- Valid means of Identification e.g. International Passport, National ID card, Permanent Voter’s Card (PVC), Drivers license; and
- There shall be no accreditation or voting by proxy.
- SALE OF NOMINATION FORMS/SCREENING
- The sale of Nomination forms would start from 22nd June, 2017 –4th July, 2017.
- Submission of the Nomination Forms will close on 11th July, 2017 (12 midnight)
- Candidates are to present themselves for conference screening on 12th July, 2017.
- All claims to Academic qualification must be substantiated.
- Campaigns must be issue based and not directed at persons.
- Candidates are to submit names of their Agents for accreditation on or before 14th July, 2017.
- Manifesto by accredited Candidates will be on 15th July, 2017 by 9.00am.
- Accreditation and Voting will commences at 12.00noon -3.00pm on 15th July 2017.
NOMINATION FORMS CAN BE COLLECTED AT THE DEVELOPMENT OFFICE, UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA PERMANENT SITE (08024234659, 09096953111& 08074748252)
Prof. Kolawole A. A. Ms. Gloria N. Okoh